We Care is Dhofar Power Company’s customer service pledge. We Care sets the customer service standards that our customers will receive from Dhofar Power Company and outlines our obligations to you.
In every action and interaction, we aim to provide a clear and transparent customer service that addresses your concerns, answers your questions and offers alternative solutions that meet your needs.
With the ever-changing energy requirements, Dhofar Power Company aims to be at the forefront of innovation in supplying electricity to our customers in the Dhofar Governorate. We will support this with helpful, responsible, punctual and polite customer service
Environment Health and Safety policy
Dhofar Power Company S.A.O.C (DPC) operates and maintains a distribution power network.
DPC respects the importance of the Environment in which it operates, and will make all reasonable efforts to minimize the impact of its activities on the Environment.
DPC is committed to the management of Health and Safety in order to provide a safe and healthy workplace for DPC employees and contractors. DPC is committed to maintain a safe system of supply in order to minimize the risk to the consumers and public alike.
DPC will make all reasonable efforts to manage Environment, Health and Safety and will commit to the following objectives to successfully manage its business.
- Complying with the applicable EHS legislations of Sultanate of Oman while conducting Distribution related operations.
- Prevention of pollution, minimize OH&S risks by designing our facilities and conducting our operations in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Conservation of resources, such as natural gas, fuel oil, water and power.
- Minimize pollution by waste reduction, recycling and reuse and disposing remaining wastes utilizing safe and responsible methods.
- Creating awareness amongst our employees and all other concerned on the EHS aspects to enable them carryout their responsibilities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner and motivate them to take active participation in EHS activities.
- Continually improve our associated operations and management systems by conducting periodic EHS evaluations and taking appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
All DPC Employees and Contractors are responsible for the EHS performance in their work areas.
As a responsible company and key component in Oman’s ongoing development, Dhofar Power Company is committed to acting responsibly and making adjustments in its working practices to preserve the environment and operate as efficiently as possible.
DPC is a keen supporter of the World Wildlife Fund’s international ‘Earth Hour’ campaign and participates each year by joining companies and people around the world in shutting off all non-essential lighting, appliances and going dark for an hour. More information about Earth Hour can be found at www.earthhour.org.
Dhofar Power Company is committed to helping customers to be efficient with their electricity usage. By reducing unnecessary consumption, households and companies can prevent strain on the distribution network and lower their own monthly bills.
Conserving energy can be relatively simple, with the savings reflected each month in your meter readings and ultimately the cost of your electricity.
Turning off the lights
- Not leaving lights on in unattended rooms can make a significant saving, both to electricity usage and the lifetime of light bulbs in the household or office.
- Maximising natural light and switching to energy efficient bulbs can reduce your electricity bill, as well as lasting longer and using less power.
- Appliances such as refrigerators often feature an ‘eco’ mode that will only use the required amount of power for the task. Washing machines offer a ‘half load’ setting that will reduce both the amount of water used in the process and the amount of electricity needed to power the machine, also saving time. A full dishwasher is much more efficient than a half-full dishwasher, and running the appliance overnight often means it remains on until the morning, wasting electricity unnecessarily.
- Home office equipment and electronics should be turned off when not in use, and even ‘standby’ mode can cause a drain in your electricity supply.
- Air drying dishes rather than using the dishwasher’s in-built drying cycle is quicker, cheaper and more environmentally-friendly.
Check your temperature
- Oman is a hot country which offers an opportunity to amend the temperature setting on thermostats. Check the water heater settings and ensure the temperature is not too hot, which uses unnecessary power, and the settings on air conditioning units which can be cleaned and maintained instead of changing the temperature to a low setting.
- Air leaks and insulation can prevent energy escaping from your home and reduce the amount of electricity you use on a daily basis.
- Showers instead of baths can save up to half the required heated water. The average bath uses 35 to 50 gallons of water, whereas a 10-minute shower with a low-flow showerhead only uses 25 gallons.