Health, Safety, Security & Environment
1. Introduction of DPC’s HSE Management System:
There is no higher priority at DPC than the safety of our staff, contractors and customers. As a business, DPC believe it is important that we communicate this at every opportunity, so everyone knows and understands our commitment.
Risks are always with us in our working lives and it is how we deal with those risks - both as individuals and as a business - that will ensure our safe return from work at the end of every day.
We conduct ourselves and our business with due care and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations. We have an overriding duty to ensure the health and safety of our employees and to minimize the HSE risks to our customers and the communities in which we operate.
Dhofar Power Company believes that these considerations enable the business to address community and stakeholder expectations and ensure long-term business success centered on DPC’s Vision, Values and Mission strategy.
The DPC is committed to improve the Health & Safety Management System to the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007 - Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems & ISO 14001: 2004 Environmental Management system and other international safety standards.
The Company’s corporate strategies are formulated in alignment with the Nama group vision, mission, values and the strategic themes.
2. HSE Commitment:
Our safety vision of 'No harm to anyone at any time' underpins this commitment.
We are committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for our people, contractors, customers, and visitors. Our responsibility extends to ensuring DPC’s operations do not place the local community at risk.
HSE-related policies are reviewed at least every three years, and are approved by the Board and signed by the Chief Executive Officer. This review ensures these policies reflect the needs and priorities of the business.
The DPC Board of Directors seeks assurance of conformance with the HSE policies and systems, and regularly reviews HSE performance and risks.
HSE management plans, programs, procedures, and practices, are implemented and supported by those working for DPC.
Activities conducted by DPC, including those conducted by contractors or by other companies on behalf of DPC, conform to the HSE rules, procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures.
To fulfil our commitment DPC will:
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements & provide and maintain a safe working environment and safe systems of work.
- Maintain and communicate written procedures and instructions to ensure safe systems of work.
- Provide measurable objectives and targets,
- Ensuring continuous improvement to our safety performance to our people, contractors and visitors.
- Provide appropriate information, training and supervision encourage and support our people to manage their mental and physical health through initiatives offered under our fitness for work program.
- Ensure timely rehabilitation and return to work plans for work and non-work related injury and illness.
4. HSE Observations
If you see downed power lines or other potential dangers, leave the area immediately, and then call DPC on This number 80077700 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days aweek or submit observation here
HSSE Policies in English here