Frequently Asked Questions

You can apply for a connection by visiting customer service offices from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.

Some documents are required to apply for a connection. Customers must provide the Krooki, Mulkiah (proof of ownership), a letter of No Objection from Municipality, a copy of ID card as well as a copy of electrician’s license.

You can get your bill by our agent ONEIC and OIFC through their offices in your region, ONEIC & OIFC‘s Mobile Applications

In case of any emergency or electrical failure or even complaints please call80077700.

The consumption can be reduced by using electricity saving devices and by shutting down the unused devices, to help you more please check link (code of practice Efficient Use of Electricity).

  1. Check to see if any of your neighbours have lost their supply. If they have not the problem could be with your electrical installation.
  2. If you have a trip switch, check to see if your trip switch has moved to the ‘off’ position. If it has, switch off all your appliances and try to reset the trip. The supply may then come back on.
  3. If the trip switch is in the on position, if your neighbours also have no electricity or if you can find no other reason, there may be a problem with the electricity supply in your locality. If so please contact us on 80077700 to report the problem.If you are a special need customer using life equipment please call us immediately on 80077700.

    It is useful to keep a torch handy.

The Customer fills the Customer Complaint form and returns it to the Customer Service Offices in his region, or you can call us one 80077700

Stage 1 - contact your supplier
 If you have a problem, get in touch with us.  We will immediately acknowledge your complaint and will normally respond to you within 10 working days. In exceptional cases we are allowed up to 30 working days.

Stage 2 – Manager of Customer Services  
If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your complaint let us know. We will escalate your complaint to the Director of Customer Services. He will respond to you within 40 working days from our receipt of your original complaint.

Stage 3 – referral to the Authority
If you are still not satisfied with our response you may refer your complaint to the Authority for Electricity Regulation. The Authority has the legal power to investigate and to determine your complaint. You may contact the Authority at any time for further advice on this process.

Stage 4 – appeal to the Court
If the Authority issues a determination you have the right to dispute it in Court, in accordance with the provisions of Article 125 of the Sector Law.

The customer must first complete the Meter test form and return it back to any of DPC customer services offices. After applying customer must pay 10 OMR as Meter Test fees. Inspection process takes place, then DPC Customer Service will contact the customer after inspection has completed.

There are two possible outcomes after inspection: • The meter is functioning correctly and the OMR 10 charge is not refundable; or • The meter has been found to be faulty due to no involvement of the customer and DPC will replace the unit at their own cost. The initial OMR 10 is refunded.

If you would like to change the location of the electric meter to a different location, please complete the application form at one of our Customer Service Offices and present it with the latest paid electric bill. After the application gets approved by the customer service manager, a 15 OMR fee is required to be paid at our Customer Service Offices.

Customer must make sure that his Electrician has DCRP (Distribution Code Review Panel) licenses.
Skip Navigation LinksFrequentlyAskedQuestions